I returned to reside in Masterton in 2010 to contribute to
the untapped potential Masterton has yet to realize.
To play a role in local commercial property development and the dispersement of the funds accumulated from those rentals I decided to put my name up for election. There are 4 vacancies and 9 people standing. I am the only woman which may be a positive for me but not a fact I plan to draw attention to. Instead I plan to market what I have achieved in terms of community development in the last three years and hope that voters remember me from newspaper articles and decide I am worthy of their vote.
The scariest part of this process was making the decision to announce I would stand. Once I had been into council and paid my fees, gave them my profile statement and photo it was a relief. Now I can go public and decide on a campaign.
It will be a bit weird seeing my photo up on a billboard, it seems a bit arrogant but if you don't put yourself out there you cannot expect to be considered by the voters.
I wonder if it is a good omen that this afternoon we had another whopping earthquake. 6.6 on the richter and I actually screamed during this one. Then after it stopped I felt motion sickness. My office door kept opening and closing whilst I huddled under my desk. The block wall outside my office was rolling, I actually thought it might collapse. No sound just a rolling motion that went on and on.
I wonder if it is a good omen that this afternoon we had another whopping earthquake. 6.6 on the richter and I actually screamed during this one. Then after it stopped I felt motion sickness. My office door kept opening and closing whilst I huddled under my desk. The block wall outside my office was rolling, I actually thought it might collapse. No sound just a rolling motion that went on and on.
No comments:
Post a Comment