Well Saturday the 12th October was local election day. Personally I was not holding out a lot of hope of getting elected to Lands Trust the first time I stood, but to my very pleasant surprise when the call came through - while I was out taking my walk - I had been successfully elected. But even better than that I got the call from my friend standing for Mayor and hallelujah she beat off the incumbent Mayor and one other challenger. And then to make it a real ladies night both the females standing for the Licensing Trust were elected.
I have had my first board meeting and it was everything I thought it would be. It will be a challenge but also one of the most interesting things I have undertaken and my term is for six years, before I have to seek re-election.
Before the elections hubby and I took the mini cooper for a drive to Whangamata to join the Britz at the Beach car rally. We stayed in a lovely hotel just across the road from the headquarters, Whangamata Club. One whole day and two half day of activities, rallies and events. Friday night was a hilarious tribute to British comedy acts and Saturday was dance followed by supper - very civilised. I even got to drive while hubby read the rally instructions, that is a first and I am sure he would rather he drove but I get car sick reading while a car is moving. We didn't really argue much throughout the rally which is surprising as we had to change direction every few hundred metres, go off road and find clues.
At the end of the rally we drove to Auckland to visit the kids. And to see our daughters new townhouse which is just perfect for her. We hung pictures for her, moved furniture and walked the dogs. Took them both out for dinner for their birthdays, 31 and 33 respectively. I so enjoy our times together now they are adults and we can do adult things together.
Then we had a very pleasurable drive home from Auckland to Masterton via the Hawkes Bay.
I have had my first board meeting and it was everything I thought it would be. It will be a challenge but also one of the most interesting things I have undertaken and my term is for six years, before I have to seek re-election.
Before the elections hubby and I took the mini cooper for a drive to Whangamata to join the Britz at the Beach car rally. We stayed in a lovely hotel just across the road from the headquarters, Whangamata Club. One whole day and two half day of activities, rallies and events. Friday night was a hilarious tribute to British comedy acts and Saturday was dance followed by supper - very civilised. I even got to drive while hubby read the rally instructions, that is a first and I am sure he would rather he drove but I get car sick reading while a car is moving. We didn't really argue much throughout the rally which is surprising as we had to change direction every few hundred metres, go off road and find clues.
At the end of the rally we drove to Auckland to visit the kids. And to see our daughters new townhouse which is just perfect for her. We hung pictures for her, moved furniture and walked the dogs. Took them both out for dinner for their birthdays, 31 and 33 respectively. I so enjoy our times together now they are adults and we can do adult things together.
Then we had a very pleasurable drive home from Auckland to Masterton via the Hawkes Bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment