Another great Grabone voucher purchased and the booking made to spend a day at Boomrock. Had never heard of it but all that adrenalin stuff seemed like a good idea.
Knife throwing, you never know when you are going to need that sort of skill, kitchens can be frustrating places, archery - we all silently fancy ourselves as Maid Marians, clay shooting, fast cars, hot laps and time trials in the lastest BMW. Who wouldn't want to play.
Yep one of ten knives we get to throw into a wooden target. I managed to get two in which was disappointing but not nearly as easy as it sounds or looks.
Looks impressive I thought, don't you like the stance, lean forward on the front foot with all your weight, stock against the face - yeah yeah yeah still didn't hit a clay.
But I did get arrows into the target and I like the feel of the bow, This I will do again, well like I said hope to build one at home. It was so cold on Saturday that I was wearing 3 layers of merino and a jacket and still I was frozen. The wind came straight off Cook Strait, gorgeous views but exposed
And yes I am the driver of the new racing BMW and the co-driver or "man in charge" told me to slow down I was going too fast. Well you put a woman in a car that can go from nothing to 100 kms in split seconds what is a girl meant to do. I felt perfectly at home in the drivers seat.
These oilskins hanging in the entrance to the lodge where we had our 3 course lunch just took my fancy for a photo. Reminds one of a Speights advertisement.
Knife throwing, you never know when you are going to need that sort of skill, kitchens can be frustrating places, archery - we all silently fancy ourselves as Maid Marians, clay shooting, fast cars, hot laps and time trials in the lastest BMW. Who wouldn't want to play.
Now archery is much more my thing. Ten arrows in the howling southerly shooting at a target - great. In fact I am going to work on hubby to build us one of these on our vacant paddack and take myself off to King and Henry to buy a left handed bow.
Wasn't such a hit with the clay shots - actually never got one. First the gun was too heavy and so he changed the stock etc, then it kept jamming and now I have run out of excuses. I have hit the clays on other occasions but not on this occasion.
Looks impressive I thought, don't you like the stance, lean forward on the front foot with all your weight, stock against the face - yeah yeah yeah still didn't hit a clay.
These oilskins hanging in the entrance to the lodge where we had our 3 course lunch just took my fancy for a photo. Reminds one of a Speights advertisement.

No comments:
Post a Comment